Address: 5th Floor 250 University Ave. Toronto, Ontario M5H 3E5
Lawyer Firm: Ridout & Maybee LLP
Phone: 416-868-1482 Ext: 208
Email: [email protected]
|Profile||Stephen Martin is a partner of Ridout & Maybee LLP in the firm’s Toronto office. His practice is principally directed towards preparing and prosecuting patent applications, and providing advice regarding intellectual property portfolio management.
Stephen manages international patent portfolios including patents and patent applications in Canada, the United States, Europe, Asia, South America, and other countries.
Stephen works with clients in the information technology, oil & gas, and other industries.
Stephen has diverse experience in the information technology industry, including experience with inventions relating to mobile device hardware and software, software related inventions including computer implemented business methods and applications for mobile devices including gaming and social media, mobile communication systems, image processing, consumer electronics and multimedia devices, and database management software.
Stephen also has experience in the financial, healthcare, consumer products, and industrial products industries.
In addition to preparing and prosecuting patent applications, Stephen also provides patentability, infringement, validity and freedom-to-operate opinions, performs intellectual property audits, and prepares and prosecutes industrial designs (design patents) and trade-marks.
|Education||B.E.Sc. (Chemical Engineering), 2002, University of Western Ontario; LL.B., 2002, University of Western Ontario; Barrister & Solicitor, Province of Ontario, 2003; Registered Patent Agent, Canada, 2004; Registered Trade-mark Agent, Canada, 2005|
|Memberships||Intellectual Property Institute of Canada IPIC (Fellow); American Intellectual Property Law Association AIPLA (Member); Toronto Computer Lawyers Group TCLG (Member); Toronto Intellectual Property Group TIPG (Past-Chair).|
|Areas of Practice||Patents; Information Technology Law; High Technology|
Other lawyers in Toronto, Ontario
- Daniela Evtimova Klassen - 118 views
- Christopher J. Garrah - 29 views
- Karen K. Y. Ng - 12 views
- Julia Melekhovets - 48 views
- Kelly A. Zalec - 77 views
- Robert Corbeil - 37 views
- David S. Morritt - 21 views
- Theresa R. Simone - 34 views
- Catherine G. Bellinger - 5 views
- Andrea Hogan - 60 views
Popular lawyers in Toronto, Ontario
- Dion McClean - 555 views
- Andrei Korottchenko - 1021 views
- Maria Mikhailitchenko - 2137 views
- Justine S. Fitzgerald - 522 views
- Lauren Speers - 531 views
- Lisa S. K. Winston - 632 views
- Jennifer A. Bishop - 916 views
- Michael A. Leitold - 543 views
- Garth B. Dingwall - 518 views
- J. Alex Finlayson - 691 views